In February, style guru Kim Moore over at +Fashion Cents TV did a post on how Flash Sales had change and should include a "Buyer beware" note to ensure you are getting the best bang for your buck. Thanks to the tips Kim shared, I saved $107.41!
Here's what happened:
Ideel offered the Kate Spade Cedar Street Patent Lacey wallet (orbit blue) for $159.99. Add tax (Chicago 9.25%) and shipping ($9.95) my total would be $184.74. As a huge fan of ebates.com, I would get $6.40 (4% rebate) back by shopping through their portal. I liked the wallet but…I decided to browse a bit.
|Kate Spade Cedar Street Patent Lacey wallet via katespade.com|
Following Kim's tips:
- Check other sites: I jumped over to katespade.com and found the same wallet listed normally for $198.00 but on sale for $98.00! Click "add to cart"
- Check tax and shipping: I got free shipping but I was still stuck with the sales tax ($6.80).
- Look for other discounts: a quick search on RetailMeNot got me a 25% off promo code ($24.50) and Ebates.com would give me 3.5% back ($2.57).
- Check the return policy: This was a final sale but because it was an accessory I was ok with that.
Final cost with a little research: $77.73
- A little research goes a long way
- Like Outlet Malls, you can't always expect the best price
Click here to read Kim's post and get more tips on staying in fashion.