I chose a Carmen Marco Valvo dress for the evening.
I was inspired by a dress by the designer worn by Ann Curry.
Why This Worked For Me -
- You can shop for dresses based on price, occasion and color. What I really liked was the ability to also search by body type and age.
- You can order the dress in two sizes, eliminating the question of "What if doesn't fit?"
- The descriptions were very detailed. You knew how the dress would hang based on shoe height. I needed to change the length of the dress based on my height and the shoes I planned to wear.
- Most importantly...the price! I rented my dress (retail $745) for $89.95. Normally the cost would have been $139.95 but as a new member to the site, I received a $50 discount courtesy of the invitation I received from FashionCents. This includes shipping and insurance. The regular rental cost for me is still a great deal.
Why This Would Work For You -
- Available dresses range from beach wear to weddings. This includes Prom dresses for those of you with High School Juniors and Seniors!
- If you have multiple events in the same time frame, Rent The Runway currently has a deal where you can rent an additional dress for $25.
- You can look fabulous without killing your wallet.
What's Next -
- Step onto the Runway - Open your RTR account with this link and you'll get $20 towards your rental and I'll get $20 too! How's that for a win-win?
- Need some advice on what to wear to formal events? Check out Fashion Guru, Kim Turner's video below.